Friday, November 02, 2007

Happy Halloween!


We've had an exhausting, whirlwind of unexpected activity these past two weeks, due to some family emergencies (more on that another time). Jamie had bronchitis earlier this week, but, by some miracle, we were all well enough to enjoy Halloween on Wednesday. It's one of our favorite days all year!

As is our tradition, we all dressed up - why should the kids have all the fun? This year, our younger son, Craig, wanted to be Elvis. He's a big Elvis fan and insisted we visit Graceland this summer when we went through Memphis. Craig wanted to be the younger Elvis, in the black leather outfit he wore for his comeback concert after his stint in the army. So, my husband, Ken, decided to be the older, Vegas-style Elvis. Here's big and little Elvis posing together before trick-or-treating. I dressed up as an Elvis fan from the 50's. Jamie and his friend decided to go as old-time Arabian knights (we watched Lawrence of Arabia recently!).

I was worried about Jamie, but he handled the evening well. Both boys even made it to school the next day. I went along trick-or-treating for the entire neighborhood with Ken and the boys for the first time in many years...and paid for it the next day. I felt like I had run a marathon, with sore muscles and plenty of aches and exhaustion. I bounced back quickly, though, and felt very good today. Amazing! I think that's one of the effects of the Valtrex treatment. I still crash, but my crashes tend to be much shorter lately.

I hope everyone else enjoyed Halloween as much as we did!

No comments: