Friday, June 27, 2008

On Vacation

Just a quick update from Oklahoma, where we're visiting my in-laws. We're enjoying our vacation so far and had a good trip out here. It's a little strange this visit because my mother-in-law recently moved to a nursing home, but we're visiting her every day and bringing her home for home-cooked meals and, well, just home.

My month-long streak of feeling great finally ended with a mild crash. Craig had a couple of bad days earlier this week, so I suspect some sort of virus got to both of us. I've had a couple of days with a queasy stomach, achy knees, and feeling run-down. I've had that odd combination of symptoms before. I'm not back to 100% yet but doing much better today. I even baked some zuchini bread this morning.

So, all in all, doing pretty well and hoping to get back to great by tomorrow!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope you and Craig are feeling better and enjoying time on the road!

Diane J Standiford said...

Yumm...fresh bread. Vacations can be better than medicine!

hobbz said...

Sue, I think your blog is great! I have my own blog on fibromyalgia and I added a link to your blog....if that's a problem let me know and I'll take it off....thanks for the great perspective!
hobbz

fms-tiger.blogspot.com/

L'Adelaide said...

hi sue....I spent much of my insomnia last night reading up on your blog...thanks for all the links as I am taking valcyte for my CFS, suffering much and found much to read here...I am glad you are doing well enough to bake some bread, yum! I will be checking back often to see how things go...I was not able to figure out exactly what you are doing in your meds right now. I have very high titres of HHV 6 and was very ill with CFS and am trying the valcyte. I am trusting my doctor with this as but do not trust the valcyte (YIKES)!

Sue Jackson said...

Hi, Linda -

Sorry about your insomnia, but I'm glad you found my blog helpful!

I plan to write another medication update soon, but I am still on Valtrex and still on low-dose naltrexone. If you have high HHV-6 then the Valcyte may work well for you, but expect to get worse first.

Good luck! I hope it helps -

Sue