Monday, September 08, 2008

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week


This week is National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week. The official website for the awareness week has lots of good articles on coping with illness yourself and helping others.

You can also celebrate this week by helping to educate our leaders about CFS. The CFIDS Grassroots Action Center has 5 action items available this week. Each takes only moments for you to send to your own government representatives.

As for me, I'm still battling symptoms of Lyme disease as well as CFS. I'll post again tomorrow with more details about how I'm doing. I have a Lyme check-up with my doctor tomorrow morning, after being on antibiotics for 1 month.

2 comments:

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

Just found your site from Lisa's invisible illness blog this morning. Wow - I can't imagine coping with children with CFIDS as well. Big hugs to all of you! I'll bookmark your site and check in from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Sue, As if having CFS (and Lyme disease) isn't enough of a challenge, how difficult (both physically and emotionally) to have your little one's have it too!

Kudos to you for blogging in spite of having so much on your plate. Kerry