Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

Things are looking pretty grim at our house this week.

Jamie was severely crashed all weekend and is still home from school. He's spent 4 full days lying on the couch reading. Thank goodness for reading! I think he's on his fourth book since Saturday.

I felt much better Saturday, but it only lasted about 36 hours, then I went into yet another bad crash. This is now 4 weeks in a row for me. I'm grateful that I, so I''ve had a few breaks on the weekends, but I'm getting pretty sick of this. I woke up this morning worse than ever, with my throat so sore I could barely speak and every inch of my body aching horribly. Jamie's on the couch, so I've set myself up lying across a couple of beanbag chairs on the floor. I hope Jamie gets better soon - he has his PSAT exam tomorrow and a full-day field trip to the Renaissance Faire on Thursday.

After all the excitement over last week's CFS news, I allowed myself to daydream a little this weekend...what would happen if this new finding actually leads to a cure? But today I feel like it's back to reality.

7 comments:

Lori P said...

I'm sure that it's because I'm not physically suffering as you are, but I'm daydreaming. Maybe it's too much, but I can't help it.

I hope Jamie begins to feel better so that he can take the test tomorrow. You know, with everything going on the past several years, Jessie hasn't even taken the test! I'm looking into a SAT prep course at Keystone.

Anyway, feel better. Sending good thoughts your way.

Kerry said...

Hope Jamie's resting and reading leads to rejuvenation for tomorrow's PSAT. What a challenge to be a teenager with ME/CFS...what concentration the PSAT/SAT/ACT take. My daughter and I were talking about how helpful it would be to have the test broken up into two different days.

Sorry you're in the midst of a crash...oh the consistent waves of CFS. Hope you are able to rest and feel on the upside soon.

Shelli said...

I was daydreaming a bit, too! I would love to be a middle school science teacher. It would allow my husband to eventually go into teaching, too, and then we'd share the same schedule as our children and be able to do so much together as a family during breaks.

Sigh. I guess we just have to play the waiting game a little longer, eh?

So sorry to hear you are all doing so poorly. It seems to just be a bad year for illness overall. Even my "healthy" family has been hit hard this flu season.

I know you must be frustrated with the back to back crashes -- it seems like you had been doing so well for awhile. I hope you get back to "normal" soon!

Renee said...

Sorry to hear your son is now joining you in the need to rest and recover. Sure hope you both find are in a better place soon.

Pris said...

I so hate the crashes, so am pulling for you!

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

O caramba! You are going through it at the moment.

I wish you and your son all the best for a speedy recovery.

alyson said...

Sending healthy thoughts your way...