Friday, October 30, 2009

New Day

Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow."

I thought I should counter yesterday's depressing quote with a more inspiring one. I have no idea where this originally came from; I read it on a plaque in a catalog, cut out the picture, and keep it in my bathroom. I very often look at it and repeat it to myself before bed when I've had a rough day (like yesterday). It's a nice reminder that no matter how bad things seem, there's always tomorrow - a fresh start, a new chance.

I'm still feeling crummy - definitely didn't sleep long enough for one thing. But I have my mom and my husband to help with stuff today, so I'm going to try to rest a lot (not that I have much choice with so little energy!). Thank you so much - once again - for all the wonderful support and love. Every time I picked up my laptop and read new comments, I got teary-eyed and smiled (I'm pretty emotionally fragile right now!). You all always know just what to say, probably because you've been here yourselves.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a very Happy Halloween!!

6 comments:

Never That Easy said...

I hope you're feeling well enough to follow through on your big weekend plans. I'm riding the rollercoaster myself this week: semi-good days, bad days, semi-bad days, who knows what the hell is next - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

That's a great quote!

Anonymous said...

I just looked up Chronic Illness in Louise L. Haye's book, Heal Your Body. The positive affirmation is this:

"I am willing to change and grow. I now create a safe new future."

And under Fatigue, the postive affirmation is:

"I am enthusiastic about life, and filled with energy and enthusiasm!"

I love her book, and often use the corresponding affirmations, which usually appropriate to whatever I'm going through, emotionally, and need to lift myself out.

Blessings!
Syrena
http://www.GXL4MaxHealth.info

S said...

We've had the swine flu here at home. My daughter is not getting well and Im worried that she is either about to get CFIDS or that she will get worse. She is miserable. Im afraid Im relapsing. Im one of the one's who got about 80% well with Valcyte. Now I may be really relapsing with the Swine Flu thing. If I felt any stronger I'd scream. I hope I don't get back to the days when I would lie in bed and wonder if I was going to die. I wonder if there should be some tweaking of the LDN. Im going to expiriment with upping my dose to 5 units. Get ready for the freaky dreams. I wonder if they will ever do a real study on LDN. I have to confess, I thought it was voo doo. Perhaps it is working and I would be a heck of a lot worse off without it.
Keep faith that things will get back closer to normal and well.

Anonymous said...

This is Heather Anderson's quote. :-) She lives with ME/CFS, heart arrhythmia, thyroid problem and all sorts of health & life challenges.

Unfortunately, she doesn't blog anymore...

Rachel M

Toni said...

I hope you're well enough to enjoy Halloween, Sue!

Thinking of you,
Toni