Saturday, October 24, 2009

Quote It Saturday 10/24


Slowly, gradually improving here. My energy is finally starting to come back - slowly, Craig is 100% better thanks to antibiotics, and Jamie went back to school yesterday, though he's still pretty wiped out today. Unfortunately, now my husband seems to be catching the virus that Jamie and Craig had this week, starting with some congestion and a cough, so he's running down. Thank goodness he didn't get sick last week - I don't know what we would have done with me being so incapacitated.

Today's quotes are from a novel I enjoyed, The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg:

"We're so lucky," she said, and I nodded into her shoulder. "It's kind of scary to be so lucky," she said, and I nodded again. I knew exactly what she meant. Sometimes being lucky is only waiting for a fall.


...There are random moments...when I feel a wavelike rush of joy. This is my true religion: arbitrary moments of nearly painful happiness for a life I feel privileged to lead.

- The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg


Both of these quotes very closely mirror my own feelings about my own life, as I described in a very similar way a few years ago in my blog post, A Life of Contentment with Pockets of Despair.

Hope you're all enjoying a relaxing weekend.

3 comments:

Lori P said...

What great quotes. I remember feeling so blessed when the kids were younger and kind of feeling that, "okay, this is the calm before the storm." Boy, was that ever an omen. But I still feel blessed.

Sue Jackson said...

Me, too, Lori!!

Renee said...

Always enjoy your quotes Sue! Glad to hear you are feeling better and slowly improving!