Thursday, October 01, 2009

School = Viruses

Too sick to write much today. I've been badly crashed all week - sore throat, severe aches, the works. Craig was home sick on Tuesday (thank goodness he bounces back so fast!), and Jamie hit the wall last night and is home today. When all three of us crash at the same time (and I haven't been very active at all), it usually means there's some sort of viral trigger lurking around. The boys have been telling me that LOTS of kids at school are sick. Lots of kids absent but, even worse, lots of kids coming to school sneezing and coughing. Haven't their parents been reading the news this season??

I hope Jamie and I recover in time for the weekend. Yesterday was Ken and my 20th anniversary, and we're planning to go to the beach this weekend for a brief get-away. Gramie and Pop Pop are coming to stay with the kids, and our wonderful neighbors are lending us their condo in Stone Harbor, NJ. We so rarely get any time alone together...I really hope I'm not crashed for it!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Oh...sending good thoughts and many prayers that you will be well enough for your weekend get away!!!

Lori P said...

Oh I hope you gave a great time! Getting away is great.

Pris said...

Oh dear...I hope you're better, too. I don't have a child and I'm down with a bug, too! Pulling for you to feel well enough!

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Get well soon and have a great time.