- Wall Street Journal's Health Blog reports on a new paper by XMRV expert Ila Singh that provides guidelines to researchers on how to properly plan studies in order to use the methods necessary to detect XMRV in blood samples. Let's hope the researchers all listen!
- The Journal of the American Medical Association's recent newsletter includes a detailed article on XMRV and CFS. Nothing really new reported here, but it is significant that such an article appeared in JAMA because it's the most widely-read medical journal in the world. Get the word out!
- Highlights of the recent CFSAC meeting in Washington - this article focuses on the meeting itself, on Days 2 and 3, rather than on the Science Day presentations on Day 1 (which I still plan to summarize for you!)
- Laura Hillenbrand's newest book, Unbroken, is scheduled for release on November 16. Read all about it at this website, along with a long list of scheduled interviews and appearances (I hope she's able to handle all of those!). Many of the events and publications scheduled will include author overviews, so hopefully, this will also be good PR for ME/CFS - there are some biggies listed here!
- Videos from the September 2010 Conference for Healthcare Providers and Patients, sponsored by OFFER (Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research) are now available online. The list of speakers and presentations is impressive - all the major players in ME/CFS treatment and research!
Friday, November 05, 2010
ME/CFS and XMRV in the News
Lots of news and updates published recently on ME/CFS and specifically on XMRV. I found most of this information and references from the CFIDS Association of America's latest e-mail update, CFIDS Link - I highly recommend signing up for this e-newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter or read past issues here.