Monday, May 21, 2012

Movie Monday 5/21

Well, I survived the weekend.  Thanks to all of you for your support last week when I posted in the midst of my mini breakdown!

I rested as much as I could Friday and dragged myself out to see Craig's play (he had the lead, Frederic, in The Pirates of Penzance) Friday night.  I was so glad I did!  He and the rest of the cast did an amazing job!  They were sooo good.  I took it easy Saturday morning, the rest of our guests arrived (my brother-in-law and niece and nephew).  After a super-easy dinner, we went to see the play again, and they were spectacular again!

I am pretty beat today but not entirely crashed.  A dentist appointment this morning kind of did me in, but I didn't have anything else pressing to do.  Actually, all four of us are exhausted tonight from the busy weekend, so we are vegging out with TV tonight.

There wasn't any time for movies this weekend, but Jamie and my mom and I chilled out with a DVD last week with our take-out pizza:
  • Jamie suggested New Year's Eve, so I got it from Redbox (a free rental that we ended up paying $2 for because I forgot to return it for 2 more days!)  We all enjoyed it - a fun, ensemble movie filled with celebrities.  It was very similar to Valentine's Day, following a bunch of different characters through various, interrelated romantic comedy-type scenarios that all take place on New Year's Eve.  Just what we needed - something fun and light, even if a bit out of season.
Have you seen any good movies lately?

Of course, the best shows we saw were the two performances of The Pirates of Penzance at Craig's middle school.  Here is a little clip - Craig is the one in the red and white striped shirt:


1 comment:

upnorth said...

Cool, that is so great you got to see the play! We did that one in high school as well. Hope the pay-back isn't too bad.