Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Is Lyme Gone Again??

Back in July, I came down with Lyme disease for the second time. I think I caught it very quickly - as soon as the joint pain began, I knew exactly what it was. I started doxycyline in mid-July and by July 28, all of my Lyme-type symptoms were completely gone, and I was feeling good again (at my "normal" ME/CFS baseline).

Monday marked 8 weeks with no symptoms, so I stopped taking doxycycline (the rule of thumb is to stay on antibiotics for at least 6 weeks after symptoms disappear).

Now, I am waiting and watching - holding my breath and crossing my fingers - in the hopes that it is truly gone. Last time, I ended up on both herbal remedies and antibiotics for 3 1/2 years, but it took me longer to catch on to what was going on and start treatment. I am also hoping that my recent success in balancing & normalizing my immune system helped.

Wish me luck!

P.S. Here's a post on Why Everyone with ME/CFS or FM Should Be Evaluated for Lyme - and why just getting tested doesn't count.

No comments: