Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!

I keep meaning to catch up on my blog, tell all about our holidays, post photos, etc. I've finally given up and decided to start fresh...it's a new year after all, right?

We did enjoy the holiday season, even though it was busy. We made a concerted effort to keep things quieter this year and not overdo, and it worked pretty well. We drove to Connecticut the weekend before Christmas to my Mom's house and met my sister and her family there. We enjoyed our time together and returned home for a much-needed quiet, relaxed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day on our own. I didn't feel great on Christmas, so it was so wonderful to take two naps and just take it easy, with no outside obligations. My Dad came to visit for a few days, then we enjoyed a similarly quiet New Year's weekend.

I crashed badly on New Year's Day, for no apparent reason (that usually means there's a virus behind the scenes throwing my immune system into overdrive). I'm slowly recovering. Same old story - felt a little better, did too much, crashed again.

I'm reading Dorothy Wall's incredible book, Encounters with the Invisible, about her struggles with CFIDS. It's an amazing, powerful book. I'll write more about it when I finish it. In the meantime, feel free to take a look at my favorite reads from 2006 at my book blog. I'd love to hear about what others are reading, too!

Quietly, gradually welcoming the new year...

2 comments:

Knittah said...

Dorothy Walls' book is so amazing! I've read it twice.

Mary Anne said...

Happy New Year, Sue. I'm glad to hear you had a nice holiday season without too much crashing.