Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another One Down

Did I just say yesterday that things were starting to look up?

By bedtime last night, Craig had a fever of 102, a sore throat, and congestion. Looks like he's got the same virus Jamie's had all week. So, today they're both home from school, and I'm still feeling run-down and achy. Looks like I need to cancel plans for my Dad and his wife to visit this weekend.

The three of us are lying around the family room watching Loony Tunes. We'll just lie low and take it easy today.

P.S. During my brief period of feeling better yesterday, I posted new reviews to my book blog and kids'/teens' book blog. Jamie and I have both read stacks of books this week!

4 comments:

Toni said...

Oh no! Hang in there Sue. Books to the rescue!

My best,
Toni

Sherry said...

We feel your pain. We're each having major problems with our new protocols and some bad,icky symptoms have brought us to "lowest point ever" feelings, too. We can make it through, right? Yes.

Sue Jackson said...

Oh, Sherry I'm so sorry to hear that. I had a feeling you were going through some hard times when I read the poem on Erin's blog yesterday.

I know just what you mean about that "lowest point ever" feeling. Having all 3 of us sick at once this week reminded me of "the dark days" several years ago, when all 3 of us were severely ill with CFS most of the time and before we discovered Florinef for the kids.

I hope you're both feeling better soon. You will get through this!

Sue

Lori P said...

Hi Sue,
First, I hope that the boys are feeling a little better by now.

Second, massive stupidity occurred on my part. I accidently deleted my post! AGH. I will try to remember most of it and write today. In a nutshell, the school is not putting in a recommendation for Jessie to be in honors or AP classes in the 11th grade because of her homebound status and the fact that she can't experience the needed rigor of the class. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but she is a truly gifted child, literally. So regular classes, while they would ease stress, will not deliver the experience she wants.

Something else to think about.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Lori