Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Study on Fibromyalgia and Low-Dose Naltrexone

Hurray!

The results of a recent study on treating fibromyalgia with low-does naltrexone (LDN) were just released. Here's a summary of the study from WebMD. A 30% reduction in pain is nothing to sneeze at!

This is great news - finally some hard research! Now they just need to fund studies on CFS and LDN. More information on LDN and my own experiences here. Update: I still take 3 mg of LDN each night. It helped me improve about 10% on the disability scale. That might not seem like a lot, but it meant an increase in my quality of life because I could do more. Maybe with real research, more doctors will be willing to prescribe it.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Sue... I wonder how soon you saw improvement on LDN? How quickly did you increase your dose? Thanks!