Monday, May 11, 2009

Victory!

OK, it's a small victory, but we celebrate them when we can, right?

I not only made it through my weekend with a house full of family (10 of us!), but I actually felt very good on Sunday and was able to enjoy my family and Mother's Day. Hooray! It was a lot of work, but we had a great time. I know I've said this before and been wrong, but I really think I have finally gotten through the worst of my Lyme treatment herx and have come out the other side.

My mom and her husband came to visit from Connecticut for the weekend (it was also my mom's birthday), along with my sister and her family. The four cousins had a great time together, as you can see here. On Sunday, I even felt well enough to take everyone to our local nature center for a short hike and some prime tadpole hunting! My little niece and nephew had a blast catching and releasing tadpoles (though my 3-year old nephew kept trying to touch them!)

We also gained two new family members this weekend (hopefully low-maintenance ones). One of my niece and nephew's pet mice recently had babies (12 of them!), so they brought two to our house for Jamie and Craig. I have to admit they're very cute, and my sister assures me they're both females! My 7-year old niece told us to be very careful because "they fall in love very easily at this age."

On Sunday, with all ten of us sitting in the family room, opening Mother's Day gifts, my niece said, "Why can't we all just live together all the time?" Family times like these mean so much to all of us, and I was thrilled to be able to enjoy it. I hope all of you other moms out there had a great Mother's Day, too!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

What a beautiful day!

Shelli said...

Yes! Of course we need to celebrate the victories! I am so happy you had such a lovely time with your family. Isn't it nice to be appreciated on Mother's Day?

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Victory indeed! Glad you're on the mend :-)

Fun T-shirts said...

I'm so happy to hear that you had such a great weekend, and are feeling OK!