Monday, August 08, 2011

Movie Monday 8/8

Monday again already?  We had a fairly busy weekend - yard work, birthday shopping, sleepovers.  I did manage to help out with both the yard work and the shopping, with no apparent payback, so that's a very, very good thing.  As for the yard work, using my heart rate monitor really helps me to stay within my limits.  Without it, I know I would have overdone and crashed.

On the good side, Ken is home this week and not traveling to Texas (where he has spent the past 3 weeks!), and we did find some time to relax and watch some TV shows and one movie:
  • With Craig at a friend's house Saturday night, and Jamie having two friends sleep over here, Ken and I found time to watch a DVD.  We saw A Dog Year starring Jeff Bridges (thanks for the recommendation, Renee!).  It's an HBO movie, fairly short, and enjoyable.  It's based on the memoir by Jon Katz, an author whose life was falling apart until he rescued a dog.  
  • With the kids, we continued our summertime tradition of catching up on TV shows on DVD - finished our Glee Season 1 marathon when Ken got home, watched more of The Mentalist Season 2, Num8ers Season 1, and lots of Bones, both Season 1 and Season 3.  All are great shows!
Have you seen any good movies lately?

(If you are also interested in what we are reading this week, check out the Monday post on my book blog.)

6 comments:

Sarah Dawneé said...

I'm glad that you had a good weekend and were able to do those activities without any apparent "pay-back"!!!

Blessings,
Sarah

Renee said...

No movies here in our neck of the woods. Glad you were able to do the work outside w/o crashing. I have been emailing with my one discussion group about Dr. Klimas's new videos on this very thing. staying within our energy envelope using heart monitors and keeping track of our pulses, etc. I am wondering if you can tell me how to get all the links to click on onto my posts. I cannot figure it out...sigh....so much still to learn.
Have a good week.

Sue Jackson said...

Hi, Renee -

I've been hearing a lot about Dr. Klimas' new videos - they sound like a great idea!

I'm not completely sure what you are asking about the links...just how to create links or something more complex?

I use Blogger - (I think you do, too?) - so I just what they provide - I still have a lot to learn, too!

To add links to a post, you type the text that you want to be the link, then highlight it. Click the little link button along the top (with the other formatting buttons) - the link button looks like a tiny link of a chain. A box will pop-up asking for the web address you want to link to - just copy the address into the box and press OK.

If I didn't understand your question correctly, feel free to e-mail me Renee. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I'll be glad to help if I can.

Sue

Keena said...

My hubby and I took our great nephew to see The Smurfs in 3D. It was alright. I was so sleepy that I couldnt really enjoy it but my nephew did.

Sue Jackson said...

Keena -

Do kids today even know who the Smurfs are?? I thought it was really odd, a Smurf coming out now, but I guess it's doing pretty well.

Sue

Chris78 said...

I lay on the couch and watched five films yesterday, which will give you an indication of how I am feeling at the moment! Scum; Day of the Dead(2008); The Million Pound Note; Henry's Crime; and Charlie Wilson's War.

I really fancy the new Planet of the Apes film but don't feel up to going out at present so it will have to wait.

Hope today is a good day for all of you.