So, we took it easy this weekend and watched lots of TV and movies with Jamie. I'm having trouble remembering everything we watched right now (!), but I'll try:
- Just to cheer ourselves up on Friday morning, after canceling our weekend trip, we all watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. We've all seen it before, but that only makes it funnier! Just what we needed to get our minds off our troubles and laugh.
- Jamie watched Salt starring Angela Jolie, a great spy thriller that Ken and I had already seen. He'd wanted to see it for a while, so was happy when I brought it home from the library. Its twisty-turny plot keeps you guessing right till the end.
- Ken and I watched The DaVinci Code with Jamie while Craig was out with friends. We'd seen it before, but I knew Jamie would love the suspenseful, clever thriller (and he did). Made me realize I need to read Dan Brown's other novels that have been sitting on my to-be-read shelf for a long time.
- Craig had a friend sleep over last night, so Ken, Jamie, and I watched I Am Number Four, a sci fi thriller based on a popular YA novel. It was excellent: well-acted, exciting, and fast-paced. When it was over, Jamie said, "I have to read the book now! And the sequel!" The sequel, The Power of Six, was just released last week (in hardcover).
- While I napped today, Ken and Jamie watched Battle: Los Angeles about aliens invading earth. From what I could tell, the title was accurate - lots of battle sounds! I think they both enjoyed it.
Have you seen any good movies lately?
(If you are also interested in what our family is reading this week, check out my book blog).