Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Flat Again


Well, I did make it to the beach this weekend, and we had a wonderful, relaxing time. The condo our neighbors loaned to us was perfect - we wanted to move in! And for the first time in weeks, I was able to walk, through the quiet beach town and along the shore. I love the ocean.

But now, here I am, flat on my back again, worse than I was all last week. I had about 3 good days then woke up this morning feeling awful again. I burst into tears several times today - not because I was depressed or melting down but just because everything hurt so much. My throat feels like it's on fire, and every inch of my body aches. I think I may have a fever, too, because Ken came home and closed the sliding glass door in the kitchen, and I said, "Keep it open - it's so hot in here!" He and the boys looked at me like I was insane and said, "We're freezing. It's only 60 degrees out."

A crash this sudden and severe can only mean another viral trigger. The boys say that everyone at school is sick. And Jamie is feeling crummy tonight, too. In fact, I need to turn my laptop over to him so he can struggle through a little homework; he's too wiped out to sit at the desktop computer. I shouldn't be typing anyway - just wanted a little company. This looks like it could be another rough week.

9 comments:

Lori P said...

Ah Sue. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself this weekend. The picture is great.

I'm so sorry that you're sick again. There are SO many illnesses flying around now. Jessie's boyfriend in VA is sick and they closed his (private) school for the rest of the week because most of the kids are out sick.

I do hope that you feel better soon. My heart goes out to you {{{hugs}}}
Lori

Toni said...

Sue -- I'm so sorry to hear that you feel so sick today, but I'm glad that you were able to go to the beach. Oh, how I miss the ocean -- the Pacific, that is. Rest as much as you can. This too shall pass.

Thinking of you.
Toni

alyson said...

Oh, Sue, I hope you feel better soon! I hate crashes.

Renee said...

Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way for a quick recovery as you rest and rest more. So sorry you have crashed again. So much sickness out there to try to avoid.
Take care and good healing. This too shall pass....this too shall pass.

Never That Easy said...

All I can say to that is "Blah." And also: Feel better soon.

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Ha, was wondering where you had got to.

Yeah, sounds like a virus. In the olden days we would have gone gratefully to bed with a hot lemon and a good book. Now we know what we are in for.

My throat has been bad for weeks. Doc says it's viral. Like you I've been feeling hot and flat. Seems like it's going on forever.

You take it easy, and don't worry until you start growing ears and a curly tail.

Shelli said...

I'm sorry -- you sound so miserable! I envy your day at the beach. We were unable to go even once this year, and it's my favorite place in the world. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Pris said...

Hi Sue
It sounds like a virus to me, too, more so than a crash, simply because I had it to and had done nothing to crash from, and my doctor has seen in in his patients in droves.

Hang in. I'm so glad you got to the beach!!

Laura (aka Mom) said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're crashed and not feeling well. I hope you're feeling better soon. Both of my kids have said there are several kids out sick with the flu. Stuff's going around!

I'm glad you got to enjoy your weekend away though. I love the beach!
Take care,
Laura