Monday, April 11, 2011

Movie Monday 4/11

Hope everyone had a good weekend!  I spent most of the weekend planning vacations - our road trip to see Ken's dad in Oklahoma for spring break and our big trip to California this summer.  I've really been feeling in a rut lately, so I can't wait for spring break!  We all need to get away for a little while.  Of course, that will put me even further behind in everything, but it will be worth it!

We enjoyed some good movies on Friday evening:
  • Craig was at a dance, so Jamie, Ken, and I watched Deja Vu, an action-packed sci fi suspense movie starring Denzel Washington.  We loved it right from the start because it is set in our beloved New Orleans!  Washington stars as an ATF agent investigating a terrorist attack.  The FBI comes in to help, along with some top-secret new technology, and that's where the fun begins!  It was fast-paced with a clever and intriguing plot, and we all enjoyed it very much.
  • Ken and I watched (over the course of a couple of nights) It's Complicated starring Meryl Streep and Alex Baldwin as a 50-ish divorced couple who have an affair with each other, with Steve Martin as an architect who is interested in Streep's character.  It was all very light and funny and lots of fun.
Have you seen any good movies lately?

It's 80 degrees here this afternoon!  Hope you are all enjoying this lovely Monday.

(If you're interested in what books we are reading this week, check out my Monday post on my book blog.)

5 comments:

Renee said...

We have not watched any movies for quite a while, but we did see It's Complicated and loved loved it. So funny!

Leanne said...

We have enjoyed both of those movies. We watched last week Robin Hood with Russel Crowe as Robin - Was well worth watching!

Love Leanne

Sue Jackson said...

Leanne -

We all enjoyed Robin Hood very much also!

Baffled said...

I just watched Gone With the Wind on Netflix last night. By today's standards some of the acting crosses over into the realm of corny but I am still impressed with the movie. I love some of the cinamatography and I can't believe they lit the entire set on fire for the burning of Atlanta scene. Quite impressive.

I watched Its Complicated several months ago and really liked it. I've already forgotten a lot of it and would like to see it again.

Haven't seen Robin Hood with Crowe yet. I'm looking forward to it becoming availble on Netflix streaming.

Sue Jackson said...

It's been years (decades!) since I've seen Gone with the Wind - really should watch it again.

Have you ever seen the Gone with the Wind parody on the Carol Brunett show? One of my all-tome favorites!!

Sue