Saturday, July 06, 2013

Just. So. Exhausted.

I had good intentions this week to write a couple of in-depth blog posts, but I am still struggling - every day - just to get through the day and do all the necessary stuff for daily life.

My youngest son is off his crutches now, in PT, and feeling great. I no longer have to wait on him, fetching food, ice packs, video games, etc...BUT now that he's back on his feet, he wants to make up for lost time with his friends. I spent much of the week ferrying him around town - picking up his friends, taking them to the pool, and the driving range, plus he and I had a bunch of appointments. Lots of driving time this week. We had a houseful of teens here on the 4th of July, so I spent much of the day cooking!

So, I woke up this morning feeling totally exhausted. I really, really wanted to take a walk before it got too hot this morning, but there is no way I could manage that today. I am resigned to yet another day of feeling exhausted. Sore throat and aches are creeping in, too.

I think my other problem is that with the long days, I am waking too early. I always wake as soon as it starts to get light out, despite room-darkening shades and an eye mask. I can usually manage to stay in bed, dozing lightly, until about 8 am, but that is it. So, I suppose I need to get to bed earlier, but I already head upstairs at 9:30 pm! And I really enjoy my little bit of reading time before lights out.

Didn't mean to write a whiny post - just trying to explain why I haven't been writing much lately. Soooo worn out...

6 comments:

Crumpet said...

Hope you are okay!Maybe you could try going up half an hour so you get reading time still?I like reading in bed too!Do you nap ever in the afternoon?

Sue Jackson said...

I nap EVERY day after lunch - my daily nap is sacred!! I can't get through the evening without it.

Crumpet said...

I'm so jealous - I can't nap or sleep at night without tablets!

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat- with energy, aches, the morning light and liking to read a bit before sleep at around 10:30pm... But I can't nap no matter what I do and I still don't sleep well... Hope we get some relief soon!

Sue Jackson said...

Crumpet and Elizabeth -

I have slept soundly 9-10 hours every single night for the past 10 years (got CFS 11 years ago) - same with my son. You don't have to live with sleep dysfunction! It is easily treatable...and is makes a HUGE difference to get good sleep. When my doctor first diagnosed me, she said, "the first thing to do it to treat the sleep dysfunction - if you get good quality sleep, it will make every other symptom better." She was right!

Read about our experiences here:

http://livewithcfs.blogspot.com/2009/09/treating-cfs-sleep-dysfunction.html

Sue

Unknown said...

I was diagnosed with CFS after a car accident.I have been reading with interest all the blogs on CFS in the hope that I could find something to alleviate my CFS symptoms. However, my GP would just say that what works for one would not work necessarily for me. But, I have finally find found something that really helps. It was introduced to me by a nurse in USA and I can really recommend it. I have only been on it for one month but already my strength is returning. For more information, please contact me at sootica2@sky.com