Saturday, July 18, 2015

New Essay on Chronic Illness Published

Sorry I have been absent from the blog for a while. My dad just passed away this week, and we spent a week by his side in hospice in my hometown (Rochester, NY). I won't be posting here much for another week or so, as we will be traveling a lot and going to the service. My dad fought a brave battle against melanoma, and we are grateful that we had a full year with him after his diagnosis and spent many weekends together. It's still hard to believe he is gone.

On a lighter note, my essay, 5 Things I've Learned From Living with Chronic Illness, was published on Mamalode this month - it describes some of the silver linings of our family's illnesses, a positive view of this crazy life we all lead! Hope you will check it out. I'd love to hear what you think.

I'll be back to blogging regularly when things settle down a bit.

Dad and I dancing at my wedding

4 comments:

ana said...

Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time. So appropriate to have that wonderful heartstrings tugging photo posted again.

Cusp said...

So sorry to hear about the death of your beloved Dad, Sue. Sending prayers and my condolences to you and your family x

hkd said...

I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. What a beautiful photo. Take good care of yourself.

Beatrice Desper said...

so sorry for your loss. "Courage."