Wednesday, May 11, 2016

New on ProHealth: What Are You Looking Forward To?

From ProHealth website
My latest article has been published on the ProHealth website, in their Inspiration Corner: What Are You Looking Forward To? You can read the full article at that link.

The title - and the subject - come from a wonderful psychologist I used to see who specialized in chronic illness (her own grown son had ME/CFS). She often asked me what I was looking forward to, and I still use this question now, on my own, to re-center myself and remind myself to look at the bigger picture and focus on the positives in my life. This is actually a good reminder this week in particular because I have been feeling a little down and very overwhelmed.

So, let's see...right now, I am looking forward to...dinner with all four of us home tonight (a rarity now with one son in college); watching an episode of Orphan Black when our college son comes home tonight (our favorite show); reading more of the wonderful novel I am engrossed in, A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki; Memorial Day weekend (end of May) when we have absolutely nothing planned; and the week after my son's high school graduation in June, when my husband and I plan to spend a few quiet days camping in Shenandoah National Park.

What are YOU looking forward to?

No comments: