Wednesday, July 11, 2018

I've Been Nominated for a Patient Leader Award!

I look forward to the WEGO Health Awards every year because it is a wonderful way to recognize some of the people who have done so much for our patient community! Last year, Jennie Spotila was nominated for a Best in Show Blog award for her excellent Occupy M.E. blog and Tom Kindlan was nominated for a Best in Show: Twitter award (and was a finalist). Both are tireless patient advocates for ME/CFS.

So, I am thrilled to be in such good company, with my nomination this year for a Patient Leader Hero Award!

This blog was nominated several years ago for a Best in Show Blog Award. This year's award nomination means a lot to me because I now spend so much of my time helping other patients, through this blog but also through both local and online support groups. I run groups for Delaware ME/CFS, Teens & Young People with ME/CFS and Related Illnesses, and Parents of Kids, Teens & Young Adults with ME/CFS and Related Illnesses (and participate in other groups). I also spend a lot of time helping patients through e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook and am working on a book on ME/CFS Treatments, based on our own experiences. Helping others has become a huge part of my life, so this award nomination means a lot to me - a big thanks to whoever nominated me!!

Now comes the fun part, where YOU can impact the outcome!
Just visit my WEGO profile and click on the "Endorse Sue Jackson" button to add your endorsement - you just have to enter your name and e-mail address, so it only takes a few seconds to complete. The nominees in each category with the most endorsements will be Finalists. Endorsements are only open until August 17, so click over now! While you're there, you can also stop by to endorse Tom Kindlan, who has again been nominated, this time for a Lifetime Achievement Award, which is well-deserved!
Good luck to all the award nominees in all the categories!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome, Sue! Many congrats for the well deserved acknowledgement.