Thursday, May 18, 2023

NEW Video: Correcting Sleep Dysfunction in ME/CFS and Long-COVID


I just posted a new treatment video on my YouTube channel, Correcting Sleep Dysfyunction in ME/CFS and Long-COVID

Sleep dysfunction is an integral part of ME/CFS and long-COVID (and often fibromylagia, too). Poor sleep makes every part of our disease worse which further worsens our sleep quality, in a vicious cycle. Thankfully, the opposite is also true: correcting sleep dysfunction so that you get normal, natural, deep sleep each night helps to improve everything! The most effective approaches treat sleep dysfunction at its source: endocrine (hormone) dysfunction. This has worked wonderfully for my son and I. We have both gotten 8-10 hours of normal, refreshing sleep every night for over 16 years now.

I posted a written article on Correcting Sleep Dysfunction here on the blog a couple of months ago. The written article is perfect for sharing with doctors, as it is research-based and includes scientific references at the end (which both prove its medical validity and provide additional resources for doctors who want to learn more). This version of the article, as originally published in 2019, is the best one to print and share with doctors.

I made the video for those who have difficulty reading and/or those who learn better through sight/sound. The video covers the same material as the written article. With complicated information, I included text, lists, and charts to help explain.

You can watch the video on YouTube or I will include it below for convenience:


If your cognitive dysfunction/brain fog prevents you from understanding either the article or the video, I recommend asking a friend or family member to read or watch so they can help you. You can also simply print the article and share it with your doctor and ask him or her to help you try some of the treatments.

Twenty years ago, after diagnosing me with ME/CFS, my wonderful primary care physician told me, "The first thing to do is to fix your sleep. That will improve everything." She was right!

If you have any questions, please leave a comment here on the blog or below the video, and I will answer. I would also love to hear about your experiences in treating sleep dysfunction and what has worked best for you.

Let me know in the comments below.

You can also connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.


No comments: