Friday, December 03, 2010

Laura Hillenbrand in Elle

Have you completely O.D.'ed on stories of Laura Hillenbrand yet?  Every time I think I know all there is to know about her, another outstanding article comes out.

The latest article was published in Elle, and it provides an in-depth look at Laura's life and her writing, with a great amount of detail provided about how CFS has affected her and what her daily life is like.  The more I learn about her, the more I admire her and her amazing attitude and persistence.

I hope you find this latest article as inspiring as I did (thanks to Denise and Martine for sending me the link).

I was feeling a bit better this morning and hitting the usual afternoon slump now, so I'm hoping to be up to getting our tree tomorrow, as planned.  Hope you have a good weekend!

11 comments:

upnorth said...

I read and enjoyed this one too. DO you also have an afternoon slump. I ALWAYS feel sickest in the afternoon like 2pm - 6pm

Sue Jackson said...

Yes!! I take a nap after lunch and that helps a little, but late afternoon is still my worst time of day, every day. Once I have dinner, I usually perk up a bit again.

Sue

upnorth said...

Wow Sue,
Exactly the same, I pick up a bit after dinner. My best time of day is in the morning....this has been true (the pattern) since the day I got sick...I wonder why?

Sue Jackson said...

Morning's my best time, too - usually my only productive time of day.

Sue

Renee said...

I enjoy all these positive articles! Thanks. I also feel worse between 3-6 even with a nap and then after supper I perk up again! Wonder what it means for all of us!

Sue Jackson said...

I also get my worst stomach upset in the late afternoon - no matter how careful I am about what I eat. My doctor says daily cycles like this are the result of endocrine dysfunction since our hormones regulate functions at various times of day. Just another fun part of CFS!

Anonymous said...

No! Not OD'd! I can't get enough of Laura, and wish she could get on a bunch of TV shows and become our Michael J. Fox! If you know what I mean!

dominique said...

Awesome article! Thanks Sue!

dominique said...

Wow! Weird. My bad time of day is 3-6 as well and I pick up after dinner. I have also started naps in the afternoon. I wonder if that is a a key to this illness?

Anonymous said...

I used to have that schedule, but now I'm tired in the morning and evening and afternoon/early evening is my best time. I think people are on all kinds of schedules and have a time of day when they feel least sick. Some people are best in the middle of the night.

D.

lightmanmumu said...

I enjoyed this article. I particularly empathised with her simple life and simple diet. Seems like normal living is for other people.