Thursday, January 13, 2011

13 Years Ago Today...


...our youngest son, Craig, was born!  And now we have two teenagers in the house.  It's hard to believe how fast thirteen years has gone by!

You're probably wondering how I'm doing after my big excursion out into the snow yesterday (I'm sure the suspense is killing you...). 

Well, I definitely did a little too much - big surprise!  I felt a bit crashed both last night and first thing this morning - not horrible, but tired and a bit achy.  But I took my medications after breakfast, including the beta-blockers, and within a couple of hours, I felt well enough to take a shower and...ready for this?...bake a pie for Craig's birthday!  Seriously.  Baking is usually something I can only manage on a really good day, but I managed fine today.  Both of our boys have been obsessed with banana cream pie lately, so I made a homemade black-bottomed banana cream pie - store-bought crust but still...

I'm a little tired now, but afternoons are always the worst time of day for me.  I feel like I'll be able to manage our dinner out tonight for Craig's birthday without a problem.  So far, so good...

Time to go whip the cream (too bad I won't be able to eat much of this dairy-heavy pie!).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

woooHoooo isn't it fun with two teenagers! Happy birthday to Craig! I know everyone's going to enjoy that pie!

dominique said...

Have fun tonight! Happy Birthday Craig!

Baffled said...

That is awesome! Happy Birthday to your son!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday to Craig....and hope your dinner out goes great!

Toni said...

Happy Birthday, Craig! Two teenagers. Wow.

Shelli said...

Happy Birthday, Craig, and yay Sue! I'm glad you're just a "bit" crashed. :)

Pamela said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to Craig and I'm sooo happy to hear that you're feeling better - wow. Hope for all of us. Rest up so you stay just a little crashed & enjoy the dinner :) (You're going to need more energy with 2 teens in the house!)

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday to your son!