Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fed Up!

Warning:  I'm in a cranky mood, so if you don't want to listen to griping, you should move on...

Uggh!  My computer problems are making me crazy.  I can't imagine how anyone could stand a career on IT.  I'm still typing this on my old desktop.  My laptop is making progress, but there are still a couple of incredibly frustrating problems.  I may have to erase it and try again, but I really don't want to!!

So, I've been spending a lot of time sitting up in the office at the desk (I usually use my laptop on the couch), and I'm tired and overwhelmed.  I told Ken I'm ready to pull my hair out and jump off a bridge.  He laughed and said, "Really?  Both at once?"  I'm trying to keep my sense of humor, but it's hard.

And, of course, as always, my physical limitations are making everything much harder.  I'm sick of feeling worn out, sick of taking so many pills, sick of always feeling behind and never catching up.  All the stuff I had planned to do this week is just piling up; the longer my computer is down, the worse it gets.  I'm getting to the point where I don't even care about all the work piling up.  I just want to curl up in bed with my book and forget about everything else.

Sorry for the rant, but I knew you guys would understand.

Another snow day here today.  We got a foot of snow last night, so school is cancelled, and Ken is working from home.  The kids are thrilled - they're outside playing.  Wouldn't it be great to be a kid again, on a snow day?  No responsibilities, no worries, no computer problems.

Ok, I better get back to it.  I just erased my hard disk AGAIN and need to try re-installing my system and my files AGAIN.

12 comments:

Pamela said...

All I can say is, "Bless you Sue" I know exactly how you feel; it gets old sometimes, but hang in there ... we're cheering you on!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing quite like computer problems to get the cranky going! Good luck!

Elaine said...

Oh Sue, I can so relate to your frustration! If I didn't have a computer savy husband, I would not be on here at all!

I can so relate with the other too... Once something takes over in our lives, nothing else gets done and the frustration grows.

I often long for the days when I could work all day and half the night and still be fine... its the pitts. But I love it that we all still have Hope!

Blessings,
Elaine

Renee said...

The curse of the computer gliches...and corrupted files? Awful! Hope things get corrected soon and you can get back to your routine..

Baffled said...

When Macs crash they crash hard. Good luck! I hope you can resolve this soon.

Never That Easy said...

Oh boy do I understand: the broken laptop is still sitting in the closet waiting for me to get around to having the energy to deal with it. And I am in a "sick to death of all this crap" mood myself, so ... I'm sorry. Hope it gets better soon.

dominique said...

Would it help if I were cranky with you? I can pull out my hair and jump off of bridges and think of it often! LOL!

I so hope you get this resolved soon. I usually get massive headaches when dealing with anything technological!

Hang in there. (Maybe a short book break with help you go back with new eyes?)

Anonymous said...

There is a wonderful book entitled "The Secret." It has helped me mentally in so many ways, and I try, notice I said try, to plant my feet on the floor each morning and feel the grounding, and then thank the universe for what I do have in my life. Sometimes I then go to the bathroom and sleep the rest of the day, and sometimes I can make it through the day. It seems to be an either/or situation. Smile, and walk away from what is upsetting you, and see if you can get your husband to do more for you. Mine has finally accepted my FM and CFS, probably more than I have. Smile!

Toni said...

Computer problems = crankiiness...at least in my household. The third time Tony took mine in to the genius bar at the Apple Store, they just gave me a new one. So, problem solved for now. Hope yours is too soon.

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

An A class rant! Thing is, if you work in IT, there's usually someone on hand to come and fix it for you. Domestic computer problems are a real challenge. And just sitting upright in a different position can be so draining. I ache all over from a meeting I went to last night.

Er, good luck with it!

Shelli said...

Hm, curling up in bed with a book sounds like a very good thing! I highly recommend it. The computer problems will wait, and you can return refreshed. I bet I'm too late with this advice, aren't I? Do something nice for yourself. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

I have a couple cheap PC netbooks. < 500$ each. If one breaks down I will be choked but not out as much money and still have a laptop to use. Your problems sound very frustrating!!!! And sitting upright for more than a short time, that with OI is an automatic bad mood :(

I would say go with the curling up and books idea! Take care,

D.