Saturday, January 08, 2011

Toni Bernhard to Appear on NPR Monday!

Just wanted to give you plenty of warning, so you won't miss this...

Our own Toni Bernhard, author of the wonderful book How To Be Sick, was interviewed on NPR.  Her interview will be broadcast on Monday, January 10's Morning Edition.  She's not sure exactly when during the show it will be broadcast, but if you miss it, you can listen to it on the Morning Edition website after the show. 

You can read my review of How To Be Sick at my book blog.  It's a wonderfully comforting, helpful book for anyone dealing with chronic illness...or any other difficult aspect of life, for that matter.

Congratulations, Toni!

Now it's time for me to listen to my own favorite NPR show, Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me (hilarious!).

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Wait, Wait is my husband's favorite show -- when we were dating he couldn't wait for me to hear it :)

Baffled said...

I've been listening to a lot of radio these last few months. I just listened to America's Test Kitchen on NPR. I didn't even know they did a radio show. I'll have to listen to Toni's show on the internet. I'm not a morning person.

Shelli said...

Yay! So excited for Toni!

Toni said...

Thanks so much for mentioning the show, Sue. But what I really want to share is that Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is my favorite NPR show too!

My "commentary" as they call it (it's not an interview but a tape of me reading a piece that I wrote -- although they heavily edited it to be short enough for their allotted time) will be up on Morning Edition's website later in the day.

Thanks again, Sue!

parenting ad absurdum said...

I hadn't heard of this book, and now I MUST read it!