Thursday, October 13, 2011

Best Kids in the World!

After another long day of cleaning, cooking, laundry, driving, picking kids up, and doctor's appointments, I plopped on the couch in exhaustion tonight (after first filling 13 weekly medicine boxes), close to tears and said, "I can't keep this up!"

Both of my sons, at different times this evening, offered to get themselves up and ready in the morning and walk to the bus stop (a fairly long walk) so that I could sleep in tomorrow morning.  Then Jamie said, "Mom, you are awesome!  I really don't know how you manage to do all the things you do.  It is truly amazing."

Well, that is one positive side effect of living with chronic illnesses - my sons are very empathetic and caring.  Don't I have the greatest kids in the world?

8 comments:

KipperCat said...

Yes, you do!

Annie said...

And they're right! You are doing an awesome job. I don't know how you do it either. Your boys do sound like great kids..but was that ever in doubt with the effort you and your husband have put into parenting them? I reckon I can pick that from thousands of miles away just by how you write about life! Chronic illness has also added to their empathy no doubt...it's one of the few upsides, don't you think?!
Hope today uses less effort and you get to put your feet up sooner........

Baffled said...

That is awesome! Have a good sleep!

Renee said...

You do have great kids, Sue...no suprise there with the example set by their parents...take care of you...

Lori P said...

Those darn kids!!! Just when you want to grab them...they do something unreal sweet. That's all it takes for a mom. :) Hope you're resting.

Jen said...

Sue,
Caring for a teenager with CFS, I often wonder "how does Sue do it?". You truly are amazing! You not only take of of your sons and yourself, but you take the time to educate those of us looking for answers to the CFS puzzle. Hope you get some rest this weekend.

X said...

seems like they think you are 'alright as well'

:)

you are doing a marvellous job of juggling a life tipped upside down by me/cfs. :)

xx

Sarah

Keena said...

aaww, how sweet!!!