This new study will be looking into infectious agents related to ME/CFS, a very worthy purpose! The study is in need of both ME/CFS patients as well as age-matched controls. Here are the requirements for ME/CFS participants:
- Age between 18-65
- Must live within 100 miles of NYC
- Must be off all antibiotics and antivirals for at least 3 months (possibly 6 months for antivirals) - the study will be recruiting patients all year, so there is time to go off these meds, if you want to, though, obviously, the doctors don't want you to go off meds just for the study if it will affect you adversely.
- The study is particularly interested in recent onset, within 3 years, though I believe those who've been sick longer can also be included.
- Abrupt onset or gradual onset is fine.
- Study is especially interested in patients who are at least 50% disabled, i.e. able to function at only 50% (or less) of how you functioned before getting sick.
- If you can also supply your own age-matched control, even better!
Even if you don't qualify as a patient, if you have a family member or friend interested in helping ME/CFS research as a control (within 100 miles of NYC), that would be helpful as well.
E-mail Dr. Susan Levine if you and/or a healthy control are interested in participating.