|Eating crabs with two of my closest friends|
I wrote this article for the ProHealth website: Staying Connected with Friends While Ill. You can read the article at the link, and I will post the full text here on the blog in a month.
The article includes:
- What to say or talk about with old friends whom you now feel you have little in common with due to your illness
- How to stay connected to old friends
- How to know when it's time to let go of friendships that are no longer working
- How to make new friends, both online and in real life, whether you can get out a bit or are stuck at home
- If you have sick kids, teens, or young adults, you can apply these same tips to help them
I'd love to hear about YOUR experiences with friendship while ill. What have been your biggest challenges? Did you lose a friend because of your illness? How have you made new friends or stayed connected to old ones? Leave a comment below!