Sunday, September 02, 2018

Weekly Inspiration: New ProHealth Article - Roll with the Punches

Many of you know that this has been a difficult year for me and my family, especially if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Although our chronic illnesses have been fairly consistent, we've had a series of serious and intense crises, one after another, causing emotional stress and financial strain.

A family member commented to me during one crisis that we were amazingly calm, given what was happening, and I realized that a life with chronic illness has taught our family how to manage when things go wrong, as they do in every life. The result is my latest article for ProHealth, Roll with the Punches, that describes one of our biggest challenges this year, how we coped, and some tips for what YOU can do when the unexpected happens to you or a family member. You can read the full article at the link.

Let me know your thoughts. Have you been through some unexpected problems? Did your "normal" life of chronic illness help you to be more calm and accepting? I'd love to hear your thoughts and stories in the comments below.

Hope you are enjoying this weekend (a holiday weekend in the US!). I'm trying to take it easy and relax - read a lot! - to help recover from the stressful resolution of another crisis earlier this week.

No comments: