Thursday, April 28, 2022

New Video: Measuring Limits with Heart Rate Monitor & Step Counter


I just posted a new video today, all about Measuring Limits in ME/CFS and long-COVID, Using a Heart Rate Monitor and Step Counter.

You can watch the video on my YouTube channel at the link above or here: 


The video  covers:

  • What is post-exertional malaise (PEM), i.e. a "crash," and what causes it?
  • How is orthostatic intolerance (OI) a part of PEM?
  • How do you estimate your heart rate limits?
  • What should you look for when choosing a heart rate monitor?
  • How can you use a step counter to measure your limits?
  • How do you use both of these tools to stay within your limits and improve your condition?

If you prefer to read, check out my blog posts on:

Heart Rate and Post-Exertional Crashes

Counting Steps: Another Way to Measure My Limits

 And my article that was published on the ProHealth website:

Using a Heart Rate Monitor to Prevent Post-Exertional Malaise in ME/CFS


Tell me about YOUR experiences pacing with a heart rate monitor, step counter, or other tools! I have a new Apple Watch, and I'd love some tips on what to do with it!

No comments: