Thursday, June 22, 2023

Vacation Vlog: Nature, Relaxation, Good Food ... And Feeling Good!


Last week, we went to the Catskills region of New York State for relaxed 5-day vacation. It's about a 4-hour drive from our home, and we brought our pop-up camper (home away from home). It's always so rejuvenating to spend time surrounded by the beauty of nature, but we also enjoyed some time in nearby small towns.

Here's a travel vlog that I put together, with lots of video clips and photos, so you can come along on our trip with us. You can watch it on YouTube or I'll include it here:

Scientific studies show that even looking at pictures of nature can improve your physical and mental health, so I hope you enjoy that!

Toward the end of the video, I included a short addendum after we got back home about WHY I felt well enough to manage this vacation. The day before we left, I got my latest thyroid lab results back, showing that everything was still low, in spite of two different thyroid meds and a dose increase a few months ago. My wonderful primary care physician e-mailed me on the weekend and agreed I could try going up more on the dose of one of my meds. It worked! Within 48 hours, I was feeling better, with more energy and stamina, and I was able to do more without crashing. Just in time!

I hope you enjoy coming along with us on our relaxing trip.

Are you able to travel at all, even for a weekend away?

What is your favorite kind of vacation?

No comments: