Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Chronic Illness Vlog: Crash! A Mostly Horizontal Week


My latest chronic illness vlog is now available. I record these vlogs over the course of a full week, to show an honest view of my life with chronic illnesses, including ME/CFS and Lyme disease. Last week (and continuing this week!), I've been struggling with a "mystery crash," a sudden worsening of my symptoms, especially flu-like aches. The aches are an immune sign that tells me my immune system is over-reacting to ... something. You can hear in the vlog as I consider various possibilities throughout the week. My best guess now is that perhaps yeast overgrowth/candida has flared up again, as it did this summer. 

You can watch the video on YouTube or here:


As an update, I did get the stronger antifungals from my doctor and started them yesterday, but I am still achy and horizontal. Fingers crossed I feel better for our Thanksgiving trip next week to visit family. 

Here are some of the topics and treatments I mentioned or referred to in the video (all of these links are also below the video on YouTube).

 

How are YOU doing? How was your week?

Let me know in the comments below.

You can also connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: