Monday, February 15, 2010

Movie Monday 2/15

Well, we survived our big weekend! Mardi Gras party went great - more about that tomorrow. The boys were still wiped out today after staying up past midnight Saturday. Good thing they had yet another day off today for President's Day.

With our busy weekend, Ken and I didn't have a lot of movie time, but last week's two snow storms left lots of time for family movies!
  • We watched Escape to Witch Mountain with the kids last week - my all-time favorite childhood movie, a 70's Disney classic! I remember going to see it at the theater with my best friend when I was 10 years old. We also watched the sequel, Return to Witch Mountain, which I had never seen before. It was pretty hokey and predictable, but we enjoyed them both!
  • The boys and I watched The Young Black Stallion today while they were crashed. We'd seen it years ago, when they were little. This one is pretty short, but all of the Black Stallion movies are excellent.
  • We watched August Rush with the kids the past two evenings (they were so exhausted Sunday night, they went to bed at 7:30!). It's a wonderful, heartwarming movie about an orphan boy searching for his parents through the magical connection of music. We all loved it.
  • On Friday night, Ken and I watched Charlie Bartlett, an excellent movie about a teen boy (Charlie) who has been kicked out of every private school in the area and now has to attend public school. After getting beat up (and getting a swirly) the first day of school, Charlie comes up with a plan to become popular - he starts to sell the prescription pills his family psychiatrist gave him to other students. What starts out as an amusing, satirical look at the modern obsession with the quick fix turns more serious. Both Charlie and the movie turned out to have more depth than we first expected.
Have you seen any good movies lately?

5 comments:

Renee said...

I am going to have to get a seperate tablet just to list all the movies I want to see. The other night I watched one of my favorites ~ Out of Africa....Love the scenery in that movie.

Sue Jackson said...

I haven't seen Out of Africa in years! That would be a great one to re-watch.

dominique said...

I loved August Rush! That was such a great movie! I am glad your weekend went so well!

dominique said...

Sue - I nominated your blog for an award!

http://www.4wallsandaview.com/cfids/patiently-awaiting-a-great-moment/

Sue Jackson said...

Dominique -

Thanks for the award nomination! That was so nice of you - I appreciate it.

And August Rush was a great movie - so uplifting!

Sue