Tuesday, February 02, 2010

This Is the Time to Remember...

One of my favorite songs:
This is the time to remember
'Cause it will not last forever,
These are the days to hold onto
'Cause we won't although we'll want to...
- Billy Joel, This Is the Time
This has been in my head all afternoon. I started to write another blog post, but it'll have to wait for another day. I'm still feeling crummy, and believe it or not, Craig was home sick again today!! He felt great on Saturday and Sunday, then the boys had a day off from school Monday (great timing, after missing 6 days, huh?) A friend took them to see Avatar in the afternoon, and when they got home, Craig said he didn't feel well. I'd hoped that a good night's sleep would perk him up again, but he felt awful this morning. He was so upset to have to miss school again. Both boys have had some stomach upset, and Craig's been nauseous, so I suspect they were both exposed to a stomach virus, though Jamie still feels fine.

Anyway, Craig was feeling down and sick of watching movies after last week, so he asked me to put in some home movies. We watched them all day - and are still watching now! Oh, my gosh - so many memories! Jamie's singing in a second grade concert on the screen now. Best of all, though, are all the movies of Jamie and Craig together - they've been best friends since Craig was born. So great to see them running around the house together, dressed up and playing pretend, Craig repeating everything Jamie says!

We were watching Halloween 2000, and I said, "Look! I took you guys trick-or-treating through the whole neighborhood! That was two years before I got CFIDS." Jamie laughed and said, "Mom, you've divided your whole life into before CFIDS and after CFIDS!" He's right. It's hard not to think this way - CFS has so dramatically changed my life. I'm glad the boys don't think this way. With treatment, they're now well enough to live almost normal lives. I'm so grateful for that. Back to our memories...

(P.S. The photos I included are actually from 2002, post-CFS for me, because my earlier ones aren't digital!)

3 comments:

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Sorry you are still not feeling great but at least it's given you the chance to revisit happy memories. I recently have been sorting old photos. Oh how we took those well times for granted!

Keep resting and I hope you all feel better soon. xo

Never That Easy said...

Sorry you & the boys haven't been feeling well - hope that you all improve soon.

I think we all do that kind of sorting with our lives, as it is such a defining moment in our lives.

Renee said...

I have been going through alot of photos as I attempt to gather material to make a photo book for our daughter who is turning 40 this year! It is always fun to look back and enjoy the memories.