Friday, October 22, 2010

Another Big Weekend

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all of you who have commented or e-mailed me this week.  As always, you have been so wonderfully supportive, and I greatly appreciate it!

I am fine.  All of your comments are right on target - I have no idea why some people feel the need to lash out, but it's hard not to be affected by it.  I told Ken I knew I was as upset as I was in part because I was also crashed and not feeling well.  It's so hard to keep your emotions in check when you're feeling so poorly.  But all is well now.  You've reminded me that I'm not writing this blog for people who already know everything there is to know about the latest research (and are itching to "catch" someone else in getting it wrong)....I'm writing it for you, my friends, many of whom are unable to leave your homes to attend a conference like this or are unable to read through long, technical papers to figure out what is going on.  I'm also writing it for myself because the warmth and friendship you've all shown me over the years has made a big difference in my life.  Thanks!

As for me, I'm still somewhat crashed and still wondering how much of it is from the conference and how much is a herx reaction to a new Lyme treatment.  Jamie was flat on his back most of the week but returned to school mid-morning today (hurray!).  It hurts me so much when he is that sick.  I would gladly take all of his symptoms and double mine, if he could be well.  Hopefully, he's on the mend now.

Unfortunately, we have another big weekend coming up.  My mom and her husband are coming into town tonight.  All the "boys" are going to the Ravens-Bills game Sunday in Baltimore, so my mom and I are taking the train to NYC to see a play.  I love a day in NY with her, but I'm worried I'm not yet recovered enough for it - it means another long Sunday without a nap.  She's actually staying with us until next Thursday.  Next week should be our last really hectic week - it's the last week of soccer for Craig, and the last week (for a while) with evening school functions to attend.

I just remembered my plan for dinner tonight was to make something in the crockpot this morning...which, as you may have guessed, I totally forgot to do!  So I better get busy.

So, I know I'll be too busy for blogging this weekend.  Hope you all have a wonderful, restful weekend!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I hope you have fun and are, at least, able to take little breaks when you can. Enjoy your mom & take care.

ps - I totally forgot the crockpot this morning & am scrambling to do something for dinner before hubby gets home :)

Toni said...

Have a wonderful weekend, good friend, and try to fit in rests where you can.

Anonymous said...

(((Sue))) ~

Your reporting is so good, clearly your attackers mistook you for a professional journalist! People love to attack journalists when they don't get all the facts exact!

The good news is---you now know you have a much larger audience than you realized!

Rock on,

Judy

Pris said...

Thinking of you@@ Hope you get rest when you can!!

dominique said...

I'm glad you are feeling better about your "reporting". I for one really appreciated the effort.

I hope you have a great weekend and very little pay back!