Monday, October 11, 2010

CFSAC Meeting Online

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is hosting another Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) Meeting this week, Tuesday through Thursday, in Washington, DC.  I had hoped to go, but I'm on my own with the kids this week, so I can't risk the almost-certain crash that would likely result. 

Fortunately, there's an alternative for those of us who can't manage a trip to DC - the entire 3-day meeting will be broadcast live through the internet - tune in at this webpage.  Of particular interest is tomorrow's agenda - for the first time ever, the CFSAC is starting with a Science Day - a day filled with informative presentations from some of CFS's top doctors and researchers (including one on XMRV).  Check out the all-star line-up on the agenda.

So, I plan to tune in for much as I can tomorrow (working around nap time, of course) and parts of the next two days, as well (especially the public comment periods).  A friend of mine is attending and giving public testimony; she's one of our local CFS group and has two teen sons with severe CFS.  I'm sorry I couldn't accompany her to the meeting, but the videocast seems like the next best thing!

1 comment:

Baffled said...

Thanks for letting us know. I'll try and watch some of it. I've got a lot of doc stuff this week so I will probably miss a lot of it. Please post anything that is particularly interesting. Thanks!