Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Monitoring Heart Rate to Avoid Post-Exertional Crashes

Fellow CFS blogger Lee Lee alerted me to this excellent article about how to monitor your heart rate in order to help stay within your limits and avoid post-exertional crashes.

Although I have long understood the importance of avoiding aerobic exercise with CFS, this article provides some very specific tips about how to figure out where your limits lie, how to monitor heart rate, and how to use this information to stay within your limits (which will, hopefully, help you to eventually increase those limits).  It's filled with excellent, specific advice.  I certainly plan to put some of this into action immediately!

Hmmm...I wonder where my old heart rate monitor is?  Of course, the last time I used it, I was trying to increase my heart rate!  I'm definitely going to dig it out of my old exercise stuff.

Thanks, Lee Lee!

3 comments:

Baffled said...

Good information and that website is a mine of information in general.

Renee said...

Thanks again for some valuable information.

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

Great article and thank you for sharing it! I think it may be of good use to me!