Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Movie Tuesday 11/30

Oops...I totally forgot Movie Monday yesterday.  I don't know how I could have overlooked it...maybe something to do with the 400 e-mails and all the urgent tasks waiting for me after vacation.

Re-entry into the real world has been tough, as always.  I couldn't get to sleep last night because my brain was spinning with to-do lists, things to remember, drafts of things I need to write, etc.  So, as a result, I felt pretty crappy today and spent the day on the couch (though still working all day on the laptop - a mistake, I know).  I just cancelled out on dinner and book group tonight with my two closest friends.  I know it was the right decision because I feel more relief than disappointment (even though I love those evenings out!).  So, I'm back here on our saggy couch, having shared take-out pizza with Ken and the boys, still very achy and knowing I made the right choice.  Looking forward to watching Glee tonight (I'm a new convert) and going to bed early.

So, obviously not a lot of time for movies while on vacation last week (none in fact), but we did watch one before the trip and one this weekend:
  • While Ken was in Europe, I watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with Jamie and Craig, that classic silly movie starring Steve Martin and Michael Caine.  They loved it, as I knew they would!  We've been watching a lot of movies featuring scams and capers lately.
  • This weekend, Ken and I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I had seen before at a little independent theater with my neighbor and book group buddy.  Ken recently read the wildly popular 3-book series, so I knew he'd enjoy the movie.  Both the books and the Swedish movies are excellent, though they are quite disturbing at times, as they include some gruesome murders and brutal rape - not for everyone.  I can't imagine the Hollywood versions could be any better - but I'm sure I will see them when they come out!
Have you seen any good movies lately?

4 comments:

Renee said...

Nothing to report here...no movies as of late. I have been recording some of the new ones on the Hallmark channel to watch later in December.
Hope you feel better soon...dont' you hate it when those to-do lists swim around in your head??

Baffled said...

Love Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. It is one of my favs. Mum is here visiting for Thanksgiving so we watched some chick flicks this week together. The hands down fav was Its Complicated. I like this movie on many levels; the complicated characters, the plot, the fact that it is a love story with older characters. We also watched Intolerable Cruelty. I've forgotten the plot already but I know I wanted to see it again. Now I get to be surprised all over again. We've been enjoying the BBC series Doc Martin on Netflix.

Sue Jackson said...

Baffled -

Both of those sound good - I've added them to my list!

Nothing like enjoying chick flicks with your mom!!

Sue

Baffled said...

CFIDS brain: forgot we also watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Great family movie that is now available on Netflix streaming.