Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm Back!

Jamie and I on top of the world in Shenendoah National Park

We returned from our vacation this week (you can see pictures at our vacation blog)
. It was a wonderful trip, one of my best since getting CFIDS. I felt relatively well most of the time and had no major crashes. Hurray! Road trips actually work out very well for us. Even if I've been pretty active, I'm guaranteed plenty of time off my feet every day in the car, and even the boys will take naps every day while we're driving.

Best of all, both of our boys are doing well. Without the mental exertion of school, both of them have plenty of physical stamina. So far, they've been able to do whatever they want this summer. Today they're running around outside with their friends, playing tag. We are incredibly grateful for such normal kid moments. It's a big relief after some of the difficult ti
mes they've been through. Thank goodness for Florinef!

Jamie, our 11-year old, has decided to try another dairy-free test. Although he's been great overall, his GI symptoms have gotten worse. It's finally bad enough that he's prepared to try going without his precious milk and ice cream, at least for a little while. I don't know if this will help him, but giving up dairy greatly improved - almost eliminated - my own GI symptoms, so we'll see what happens.

We had a wonderful vacation, but it's also nice to be home again.

Digging for diamonds in Arkansas




1 comment:

Ciara said...

Hi Sue,

glad you had a roaring success of a holiday. Alas, I'm not good in cars - even as a passenger, I start to feel awful after about an hour.

I'm off to Spain tommorrow for a beach holiday. I'm a bit nervous about the stamina required, but I have to try things if I feel Ii have half a chance...

-Ciara