Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers out there who work hard to take care of their families in spite of living with CFS and to all of the moms taking care of sick kids or other sick family members. You all deserve a day of rest and celebration!

That's my Mom, my two sons, and me (with my niece) at my niece and nephew's birthday last year. It's one of the few photos of me with my mom, since I'm always the one taking the pictures! My mom and her husband will be visiting next weekend.

I'm still severely crashed, though my sore throat is a little better. My wonderful family helped make breakfast this morning, gave me piles of wonderful and thoughtful gifts and cards, and is planning a surprise dinner for me tonight. I wish I could get outside and take a hike with them, but I'm content just to spend my mother's day resting, with my amazing husband and loving sons nearby to take care of me. I am hugely grateful that I cancelled our planned trip to Connecticut this weekend - I would have been in much worse shape traveling.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: