Monday, May 05, 2008

The Lost Week

I haven't written in my blog in awhile because I've been caught up in the usual rollercoaster of CFIDS. I had some good weeks, but my husband was away on business for almost two weeks, so I was quite busy just taking care of the kids and the house on my own and trying to get some work done.

Last week was one of those lost weeks of CFIDS. I was severely crashed for a full eight days, able to do nothing but move from the bed to the couch and back again. I have a huge backlog of e-mail that I'm ignoring this morning while I write in my blog!

For me, crashes that severe and that long-lasting are almost always triggered by some sort of virus. My older son was also crashed for a few days last week, though he was able to go back to school on Wednesday, so I suspected a viral trigger. Now, my younger son is very sick, with heavy congestion and a cough - perhaps this is the virus that's been causing all this trouble? Since Craig's CFIDS is much milder than mine or Jamie's, he tends to actually catch viruses, while we crash but don't get the viral symptoms. That's life with CFIDS, right?

So, I'm happy to report I'm doing better, although I stayed up too late last night trying to catch up on stuff I meant to do a week ago. Having lost a complete week, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today with the backlog of work, but having Craig home sick will help to keep me from overdoing. I won't be leaving the house anyway (something I was looking forward to!)

A new week, a new beginning.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Yes, to your last sentence. I hope you were able to read a couple of good books.

Sue Jackson said...

Sherry -

Yes! How'd you guess? I read some great books last week, and escaping into fiction was what saved my sanity! In the past two weeks, I've read 3 excellent books: Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (one of my favorite authors), Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlan, and Jumper by Steven Gould. I'm now onto Too Cloe to the Falls, a wonderful, funny memoir by Catherine Gildiner. In fact, I was still feeling a bit run-down this afternoon and read a few more chapters - doing better now. Don't know what I'd do without books!

Thanks -

Sue