Friday, August 21, 2009

Back Home Aagin

We're back from our camping trip in NY. It was a hectic schedule, but we had a lot of fun. We spent the weekend at a lake with my extended family. It was, of course, tiring for me to be with a crowd of 14 people for two days, but it was good to see everyone. And it's so great to see the kids running around with their cousins, having a blast. They never wanted to leave!

Next, we went into Rochester to visit my Dad and his wife for a day. Great to see them, as always, but I was pretty sick while we were there. I must have picked up a little stomach bug (my husband and Mom, too), plus I was worn out from the big weekend. I always feel bad when I have to spend most of my visit in bed, but the extra rest revived me.

We spent our last couple of days in the Finger Lakes region, just the four of us. I had wanted to show my kids one of my favorite areas, and we all enjoyed the gorges, waterfalls, and lakes. One of my oldest and closest friends came to the campground to visit us, which was wonderful. We had hoped to escape the Delaware heat and humidity for a typical cool NY summer week, but it turned out to be their hottest and most humid week of the summer! Still, we had fun and enjoyed the trip.

Now, back to the lengthy to-do list! The kids start school in 10 days (good thing - I'm so behind with work!!). And another task just got added to my list - I discovered today that two of my medications contain lactose (lots of meds use it as filler), so I need to try to find some replacements. We also have a hectic weekend ahead, trying to trade in our old truck before Cash for Clunkers ends on Monday! Even so, it's good to be home again.

9 comments:

Lori P said...

Blah! I hate car shopping! Now that that's off my chest...

The pictures are terrific and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. The waterfall is beautiful!

Welcome back.
Lori

Sue Jackson said...

I hate car shopping, too, Lori!! But we set a record last night - 3 hours from start to finish! We test drove 3 cars, based on Ken's research, chose one, and signed the papers. A lot of dealers are shutting down their Clunkers program early today, so we didn't have a lot of time...but I;m glad we got it over with fast!

Sue

Renee said...

Sounds like you had a really great vacation. How nice you could get away and then so quickly find a car too on your return!

Shelli said...

Congratulations on your new car, and welcome home!

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Great pic. Nice to have you back. Jo

me/cfs warrior said...

Welcome back Sue! It's good to have you back. Glad you had such a good vacation (minus the stomach bug).

That's great that you got the car in 3 hours! I'm glad you were able to beat the deadline.

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Thanks for your helpful comment on my post about group exercise and CFS anniversary. :-)

Lori P said...

Yay! Good for you. You did much better than me. I researched and still couldn't commit!

As for your question on my post. I wrote a letter requesting that she be put into at least one honors class, using a "threat" of the discrimination word once. They immediately put her in honors english. It really ticks me off though. She ran into her biology teacher from last year, who told her that she had the highest average in her class, even though she was sick so much. She couldn't believe it when Jes told her they made her take regular level chemistry this year. Sheesh.

Laura (aka Mom) said...

Hi Sue! I'm glad you had a fun trip (except for the stomach bug). Your pictures are beautiful. I love the waterfall!