Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Favorite TV Shows Watched in 2022


It's time for my annual wrap-up of my favorite TV shows reviewed in the past year! These are not necessarily new shows, but they are shows that we enjoyed last year, enough that I took the time to write a review. They run the gamut, covering all kinds of genres, so there's something for everyone here!

Listed down at the bottom of this post are all of the shows that I reviewed here on my blog in 2022. I have also added all of these to my TV Reviews tab on the blog, so you can come back anytime to see ALL of the shows I have ever reviewed here (note that where to find shows may have changed over the years). And check out my Summer Shows 2021 and my 2022 Fall TV Preview posts for lots of other shows we enjoyed this year, some carried over from past years (everything listed under Fall New Shows we tried and enjoyed!).

I only review shows I like, so anything listed here or on the TV Reviews tab is worth trying. I didn't write a lot of TV reviews last year, so try them all!

Best of TV   

First a few superlatives--my favorite shows reviewed last year in each category/genre--always tough choices to make because TV shows are just getting better and better. Remember that we enjoyed all of the shows reviewed; see the full list at the bottom of the post. Links are to my reviews, including trailers and details on where to find each show (subject to change).

 Best Drama

The Handmaid's Tale (H)

Glad I only just reviewed it this year so I could call it out - some of the best TV ever.


 

Best Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Legal/Action

4-way tie? No? OK, then ...

Shining Girls (Ap) (also fits under Sci Fi)


 

 Best Sci Fi 

(my current favorite) 
Note this is time travel with no scientific explanation, so historical fiction is a more apt category.
 

Best New Show

The Bear (C, H) 

(I added this category just to mention this show!)  


 

All TV Shows Reviewed in 2022

So much good TV last year!

KEY: Available on:
A = Amazon Prime
C = Cable and/or Cable On Demand
Ap = Apple TV

CBS or P+ = CBS All Access (now Paramount+)

H = Hulu 

HBO

IMdB
N = Netflix
P = Peacock
S = Showtime

(Offerings from subscription services change all the time, so double-check. Also, some shows are available for an additional fee on Amazon Prime whether you subscribe or not. Most networks offer some episodes of every show for free at their own websites. Click the links below for my review and details on where it is available.)

Drama

The Bear (C, H)

The Handmaid's Tale (H)

Transplant (C, P)

 

Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Legal/Action

The Flight Attendant (HBO) with humor

The Old Man (C, H)

Shining Girls (Ap) (also fits under Sci Fi)

So Help Me Todd (C,  P+, H). with humor


Sci Fi 

Kindred (H)

No comments: