Monday, January 09, 2023

Favorite Movies Watched in 2022


I reviewed just 9 movies in 2022, in part because there is so much great TV to watch now. However, if I took the time to review a movie, it was because I really enjoyed it, so any movies on my 2022 list are worth watching, not just my top picks.

The TV icon in the image above is still mostly accurate, as we once again watched just one movie in a theater last year because my health was so poor most of the year. I'm hoping to get out to the recliner theaters a little bit more in 2023!

As in years past, you can see my full list of movies reviewed this year further down, and my top picks in each genre just below. To see all of the movies I have reviewed on my blog (a considerable list), check out the Movies tab, where they are listed by genre, though it's getting harder to categorize a movie into just one genre as there's so much cross-over now. Links go to my reviews, with a trailer. Note that where each movie is available might have changed over the years, since I first reviewed it, so double-check to see where you can watch it now.

Best of the Best Movies Watched in 2022:

Best Action/Suspense/Thriller 

Parasite

clever, funny, family drama that turns into a suspenseful thriller 

(Oscar winner: Best Picture)



Best Drama

Where the Crawdads Sing

Murder mystery/legal drama/love story/coming-of-age story set against a gorgeous natural backdrop


 

 Best Comedy 

Licorice Pizza

nostalgic coming-of-age comedy/drama set ion 1970's L.A. 

(nominated for Best Picture)



Best Sci-Fi

The Adam Project  

heartwarming, funny, action-packed sci fi adventure 



All Movies Reviewed in 2022:

I only review movies I really like, so all of these are worth watching:

Action/Suspense/Thriller

Glass Onion - fun, eye-popping, suspenseful mystery with an all-star cast

Parasite - clever, funny, family drama that turns into a suspenseful thriller (winner: Best Picture)


Drama

Honey Boy - entertaining & moving film about a dysfunctional Hollywood childhood

The Power of the Dog - tense Western drama with emotional complexity (nominated for Best Picture)

Where the Crawdads Sing - Murder mystery/legal drama/love story/coming-of-age story set against a gorgeous natural backdrop


Comedy

Licorice Pizza - nostalgic coming-of-age comedy/drama set ion 1970's L.A. (nominated for Best Picture)

The Lost City - a light, fun adventure-romance


Sci Fi

The Adam Project - heartwarming, funny, action-packed sci fi adventure

Finch - warm, funny, suspenseful drama set in a post-apocalyptic world

No comments: