Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Setting Goals When Chronically Ill: Improve Your Life in Tiny Steps


I was absent the past week due to a family funeral. Our brother-in-law died unexpectedly on January 1, so my husband and I quickly made plans to travel to Texas for the memorial service last weekend. I had no intention of flying anytime soon, but San Antonio is about a 5-day drive from here! Of course, I wore my mask the entire long day of airports and planes (and also most of the weekend). I also, for the first time ever, requested wheelchair assistance from the airline, and wow, what a difference! It helped so much, and all the people who helped me were so kind. If you've never requested it before and need to travel, definitely give it a try. It prevented bad over-exertion crashes so that I could enjoy time with our nephews and their families and recover quickly once back home.

While I catch up here and get back into a more normal routine, I wanted to share this video I posted just before our trip. It's called Setting Goals When Chronically Ill: Improve Your Life in Tiny Steps. It describes a process I have used for many years, with loads of simple tips and strategies to help you meet your goals, change habits, and improve your life--all in ways that are doable even in lives severely limited by chronic illness, even if your only goal is to be happier and find more joy in your life. You can watch the video on Youtube or I will include it below: 


I would love to hear how you are starting the new year, and any advice you have for setting goals and making improvements when you are chronically ill. You can leave comments below or connect with me on Twitter or on this blog's Facebook page.

Happy New Year!

No comments: