Thursday, July 20, 2023

Chronic Illness Vlog 7-16-23: Yeast Overgrowth, Heat, and Best Friends!


My chronic illness vlogs provide an honest view of my life with ME/CFS and Lyme disease, with all its ups and downs!

Last week, I was struggling with yeast overgrowth/candida, a chronic issue for many of us with ME/CFS and long-COVID due to our specific kind of immune dysfunction. Mine flared up three weeks ago, for unknown reasons, in spite of the treatments for yeast overgrowth that I keep up (diet, probiotics, supplements, and medication) all the time. I was still struggling by the end of the week, but I'm happy to report that my doctor returned from vacation this week, prescribed a stronger antifungal medication for me, and I am starting to see some improvements.

On the plus side, last week, I very much enjoyed plenty of quiet solitude at home while my husband was away, and I had a wonderful weekend with my childhood best friend, who came to visit.

You can watch the vlog on YouTube (which also includes notes under the video and links to more information) or below:


I'm planning to write a longer post about my recent experiences with both thyroid issues and yeast overgrowth, when I have more energy. 

How are YOU this week?

Do you struggle with chronic yeast overgrowth/candida?

Let me know in the comments below.

You can also connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: