I was very pleased this weekend when Forgetful Girl gave me The Happiness Award (check out her excellent blog and its list of other Happiness Award winners)! This award is right up my alley because I'm usually a pretty happy person, and I've made a special effort, since my CFS diagnosis, to recognize and appreciate the joys in my life - the things that make me happy.
So, thank you, Forgetful Girl! Now, I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and pass the award on.
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
- Sunshine! It was shining brightly today and making everything seem better.
- Music - listening to lively, feel-good music and, of course, singing along!
- My husband and kids. I love our little family of four.
- Being outdoors. I wrote a blog post about The Joy of the Outdoors.
- Good food. Especially with so many of life's little's splurges now unavailable, I love to enjoy really good food (and prepare it for my loved ones when I'm able).
- Springtime! The sight of the first snowdrops blooming today made me smile.
- Good friends - both in-person and virtual! I wrote previously about The Joy of Friendship.
- Losing myself in a really great book.
- Watching a wonderful, uplifting movie that makes me laugh and cry.
- Travel. Oh, I love to travel!! I'm currently planning our spring break road trip to Louisiana and am so excited I can hardly wait.
So, it's time to pass on The Happiness Award to a few others. As with the last award, this one comes from me with no strings attached. If you feel up to passing the award along, great! If not, no problem. You might want to try listing 10 Things That Make You Happy, though - just making the list will cheer you up!
I'd like to recognize the following bloggers who have shared their happiness with me and inspired me with their upbeat spirits and focus on joy: