Monday, November 09, 2009

XMRV News and Updates

I've been collecting links to some very informative updates on the XMRV news but was too sick to tackle a link-heavy post last week! I'm still very congested (and now Jamie is home sick, too), but my energy is very slowly returning. I'm actually sitting up in the recliner this morning instead of lying flat on the couch (good thing because now Jamie had claimed the couch) - progress!

So, here's the scoop...
Things are happening! The testimony and attendance at last week's CFSAC meeting were truly remarkable, and the NIH seems to be finally taking notice of CFS (it's about time!). This is a very exciting time. Let's hope the momentum continues!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow, Sue what an accomplishment to collect all this important and exciting CFS info.... when you have been feeling lousy. My brain goes all mushy just thinking about the cognitive energy it took. Thank you!

Congrats on making it to the recliner...hope your son graduates from the sofa soon as well.

Toni said...

Thanks for taking the time to gather all this information. We still have a long way to go. In an appointment on Friday with a dermatologist who is treating me for a rare and (thankfully) non-fatal skin lymphoma, when I tried to raise a possible connection between CFS and XMRV, she told me it had been proven that XMRV was just a marker and not a cause of CFS. Given what the National Cancer Institute (and others) are saying (that we don't yet know if XMRV is a cause), I have to think she was just making this study up so that I wouldn't "pollute" her dermatology practice with CFS. As Dr. Nancy Klimas recently said (quoting Rodney Dangerfield): "We don't get no respect."

There. I've vented. Thanks again for providing this valuable information and...from your lounger. Yay!

alyson said...

Thank you so much for posting this, Sue! I hope your health and energy keep improving.

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Yes, Good Job! I don't know how you manage to keep up with research, do your writing and keep your family going. Just reading all of this info will keep me going nearly all day!

Thank you so much.

Pris said...

Thanks!! And Toni, your dermatologist's comment...wow, she knows more than all of the other researchers combined:-)

Renee said...

Sue
Thanks for putting together all this information for everyone...and while you feel so punk, too. Hope you are right as rain soon!!

me/cfs warrior said...

Ditto what others have said Sue. Thanks for putting this together!